Sunday, March 23, 2008

Charlie A - The Future

Hear The Track Here


Not quite sure now why I've somehow ended up with a Charlie A track that seems only to exist only on my harddrive and I'm way too tired to figure out why. No doubt Charlie will be along shortly to explain it to you better than I can. Charlie A has sprung back to musical life just lately and that's not a bad thing at all, especially if you like film soundtracks. Ooops, let me qualify that a tad. Especially if you like GOOD film soundtracks. If that's the case you'll find that Charlie's built up quite a stack of good tracks since I first encountered him on Bebee Bubba (July 2006), one of his only non-soundtrack tracks....??

If you know what I mean.

So, no idea where The Future came from but I know it does indeed have a future and is a terrific example of Charlie's wide screen, big sky productions. I'm still wearing out the welcome I afforded Pharoah's Curse (February 2008) and this came as a nice break; it's chilled out second half in particular is excellent. Charlie shows from the first string sweeps that he knows how to pick the right sounds and as the intro descends around your ears you know you will keep listening...

As indeed you should because the piano peice that The Future consists mainly of is lovely; stately and perfectly complemented by the single string (violin?). There is a string section that almost but not quite in the Eleanor Rigby department, and I have to admit to a small smirk every time that passes by my ears. As you know, Film soundtracks and I don't have a lot in common but I do like the kind of material that Charlie provides; and they are always the right length ;)

Recommended Soundtrack/Piano Peice.

No comments: