Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gangbangsters - Brainwashed

Hear The Track Here

Not sure quite why the hip hop tracks come onto my review list in pairs (this was next to Rustik), but I can't say I am averse to hearing these musicians back to back although I should probably stop referring to them as similar otherwise I'll no doubt get a visit. Gangbangsters have had a really good year with one extremely excellent track - Letzgetfuctup (July 2010) - being the main highlight, although I've reviewed a good number of his tracks and didn't find much fault in them either.

This is especially relevant if, like me, you are heartily sick of the soundalike clone circus that is the commercial hip hop scene. If that's the case then Soundclick's scene should definitely float your boats. Gangbangsters is one of many Soundclick musicians pushing the edges of the hip hop genre to it's limits, although stopping along the way to deliver some dynamite rock in the shape of the aforementioned Letzgetfuctup. That's the real difference here, I think Gangbangsters has thrown as many genres at me as they have tracks, if you get my drift and each of them worthy in their own right - as home produced as it can often seem.

Brainwashed doesn't suffer any obvious sound flaws and the music and rap definitely don't and I have looked. What I have found is, even when doing what I consider as stereotypical hip hop (certainly in the style anyway), Gangbangsters will make sure that the sounds used are right, adding to the mix rather than there as sound filler. The other thing you can always bank on is that it will have a very decent song attached to it, and Brainwashed is no exception. Knockout chorus, especially for hip hop. Be aware though that there are two versions of this on the page - this one and a screwed and chopped one, although listening to both is no hardship either.

Highly Recommended Hip Hop with an edge.

No comments: