Friday, July 29, 2011

Mike Kohlgraf - Your Local Forecast

Hear The Track Here


How many times have you heard someone online tell someone else to 'get a life'? As I've discovered, there is a certain downside to that. Not that I didn't have a life previously you understand but I've been much more active in the real world lately, but it does mean that I'm always tired and my online life suffers accordingly. I have, for example, almost given up hanging out at Mike-K's Saturday Night Rocks because I'm almost always out, sleeping or piling up these reviews. Something had to give, ya know. Sad though, because the Mixposure radio show is a party spot most Saturdays (and other days of course).

Mike is, first and foremost though, a musician; guitar player, songwriter and keyboard whizz... Personally, as Mike knows only too well, although I like jazz I can only take certain kinds and one of the sub genres that I most try to avoid is Smooth Jazz, and that is where he prefers to use his musical skills. Of course, that has led to us not always seeing eye to eye on the material but - I have to say - I can say nothing against both his production or performance. After all, if anyone can count as both a professional online musician and a steady producer of quality and a Soundclick veteran it would be Mike Kohlgraf.

So although Your Local Forecast does exactly what it says on the label, it isn't something I'd particularly go looking for, but I guess by now Mike would be used to that attitude from me. What I can say is that if you like your jazz as smooth as freshly churned butter and as easy to listen to as elevator music, then this track should be heard. Mike wrote the track inspired by the background music that plays during weather programs in the USA. Hey, he thought, I can do that as well as what is playing right now - and you know what? He can. Whether that is a good thing or not I will leave up to those smooth jazzers amongst us.

Highly Recommended S-m-o-o-t-h Jazz.

1 comment:

iTunes Music Promotion said...

I like Jazz music. Thanks for the info about Mike. I'll check it out.