Monday, May 12, 2008

Tim Turner - Mystery

Hear The Track Here

Although I've been aware of Tim Turner for a good while firstly on Songplanet and lately through the burgeoning POP empire, I find that I've only reviewed a couple of his tracks. A blow-yer-fekkin-ears-off Diary Of A Nobody (December 2007) a collaboration with me old mate Jim Miller (of Jim-n-Lisa fame) and Wonder (March 2008) a slice of Southern Rock that was all Tim's own work. Goes without saying then that we are talking about a musician here who knows exactly what he is doing and where he is going with it. Always a pleasure to review musicians of this quality because there is usually very little to pick apart...

and you know I like a good pick, pick, pick...

I absolutely thrive on rock music, and rock music with guitars more than anything else and Tim Turner has already established that he can wield a mean axe Eugene. Mystery is pretty much all guitar, from the finger picking to the sublime all in the hands of someone who totally understands the 'less is more' concept. Nothing, it was decided should get in the way of the guitars and lo - nothing was. So for a string nut like your reviewer this is bound to tickle all me aural bits with pleasure, especially because Tim has always given good measure in the past.

'I'm doing the best I can...' the vocals wail, but all bow down to the assembled guitar horde and therein lies the real treasure of this track. Tim Turner is not a flashy, gee willikers will ya look at that kind of guitarist; he's a detail main and it's that ability that shines out of this track. Essentially an instrumental guitar peice yes, some acoustic, some electric, a couple of dashes of vocals and big drums and that about does it. So why does it sound and feel soooo good then? I know, I know, 'it's all a haze, a mystery'...

Highly Recommended Guitar track.

No comments: