Sunday, November 30, 2008

Solid Sounds - Exorcism Of Sound

Hear The Track Here

Solid Sounds are a new name to me but obviously not to Soundclick because they have some 80+ tracks awaiting your listening pleasure. A couple of local Sheffield lads, Shane and Ant are responsible for all those tracks and considering their relative age that is remarkable in itself. Ahhh but the more cynical among you may now be sniggering 'but it's techno and trance, how hard could that be?' Well, as much as I despise and abhor the genre, like any musical style if its done properly with even a modicum of style it's often listenable if not exactly pleasureable.

One of the main reasons I guess I have this phobia is because I was immersed in this stuff up to my eyeballs back in the day, and pretty much everything is retreading the same old ground. Nonetheless, every once in a while a trance track comes up with a bit more to offer than most and Solid Sounds seem to have it. It made a distinctly favourable impression from me from the getgo and that's always rare for me with this genre.

Most of the time its like 'ewww cooties!' if I have to listen to trance but Shane and Ant make it at least a good, worthy listen - especially if good solid trance is what floats your boats. A nice solid sound to back up the beats and sequences always helps with this kind of material and Solid Sounds stretch the sound right across the spectrum. What this does, IMHO, it to make it seem more welcoming, inviting. A kind of 'what next' reaction sets in and that definitely helps pull in the more casual listener. Damn, even I'd be interested in what Solid Sounds were about, if this is an example of what they can do and I fekkin hate techno and trance.

Excellent, well produced Trance. Highly Recommended

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site thus i came
to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my web site!
I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!
!

my web site; what is quantrim