Thursday, April 30, 2009

Superbron - Time Traveller

Hear The Track Here

Looking back, it's been a while since I heard a track from Superbron, a Dutch musician who probably rues the day he first submitted any music to me. We'd had a period between 2007 and 2008 where we had crossed swords about this track or that one. We had a 'that's OK, that one isn't' routine going there that was making me giddy. Not, I suspect, a lot to do with what Superbron was or was not doing but rather a question of personal taste. Certainly I had things to say about production and presentation but I don't think I've ever doubted his musical skill. Soooo, anyway, up he pops a whole year between Still Wondering Why (March 2008) and Time Traveller.

Yeah, but does the music travel too??

Surprisingly well actually, especially if you like guitars. There are lots and lots of guitars in Time Traveller and you'll certainly have time to work them all out too because - as we all know - time travel takes time. (Ed: eh? Don't come again!) I don't know whether its an element of the times we live in, or just something in the air but there are an amazing amount of musicians drawing from the same well as Carlos Santana and surprise, surprise Superbron has morphed into one too.

If I were being brutally honest, there are some minor niggles but obviously Superbron hasn't been idle in that year off because the change in sound, tone and attack of his tracks has sharpened - a lot. All good news for sure, and if you are in the market for a kinda/sorta rock guitar thing placed between Pink Floyd and His Carlos'ness, then look no further than this. Can't say I was swept up in a cloud with this track but it sure makes a difference to have an upbeat ending for a change.

Recommended rock odyssey.

No comments: