Monday, August 30, 2010

Schizotic - Codeine

Hear The Track Here

I'm a guitarist, I'm bound to favour my own instrument although I can still whinge on and on about guitar instrumentals. I've been known to do that from time to time, chiefly because most guitar instrumentals don't really do very much and there is a 'heard one, heard them all' factor about a lot of these kinds of tracks. Unless you can come up with the right set of ideas in which to place your guitar instrumental, nothing very much will happen outside of 'oh hum' in response. Where Schizotic impressed me with Locomotive Arms (July 2010) was in those exact areas, earning himself a Must Have rating into the bargain.

But wait, you cry, aren't Must Have's for something more than a bit special? OK, what if I tell you that Locomotive Arms is an 'Alternative' experimental track? A blend of alternative rock and wtf wtf wtf... Must Have with a ******* bullet even innit?? I finished that review with the words 'absolutely knockout introduction to a musician I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on' and to prove the point here is track two. Now then, now then, will Dustin Jurkaulionis (aka Schizotic) be able to do the same trick twice?

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as a man once said. Not only do the same trick but improve the damn thing so much its ridiculous. Talk about a great idea. Although Codeine is yet again basically a guitar instrumental I'd bet you haven't heard the like of this before, guitars or not. It wouldn't work if the experimental/rock balance were not perfect and it helps that Schizotic is an inventive and creative player, making this combination work a treat. For sure, Schizotic has shown that he has more than a few of these tricks up his sleeve, and judging by the way its progressing maybe some real classics on the way.

Highly Recommended geetar wtf rock thing...

No comments: