Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ludicrous - The Trickling Of Blood

Hear The Track Here


Here's a situation where the band name in no way describes anything this Anglo-French band does. There is nothing ludicrous about the music that the band have come up with, and plenty that is absolutely right - leading to some very good reviews from me for the five tracks I have reviewed so far. No Must Have yet, but I suspect that is just a question of time because Ludicrous have two things going for them according to my own personal taste; an excellent female singer and a knack for producing catchy, interesting pop songs. Mind you, The Trickling of Blood is billed as Goth Alternative and I suppose that's right too, Goths being a bit heavy on the whole blood and guts thing, and don't even get me started on the white makeup... Goth women are well tasty though (Ed: TMI Gilmore) but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Judging by the sound of the lyrics (they are not posted) The Trickling Of Blood is a murder mystery worthy of the blood drenched annals of our own Whitman Speck, although without the added terror and profanity. I think I'd question the billing to because - to my ears - this is more electronic experimental than anything else; what guitar there is in it is used in a supporting role. Not that this is a bad thing, in fact the track is a damn good listen, technically as well as performance. Still, good production values have been a constant in every track of theirs so far, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Funny, whenever I sit down with this band I always come away thinking that they are much more experimental that I first on first listens, it's only when you start to spend some quality time for their tracks that you start to notice just how...well.....odd they are. The Trickling Of Blood is an oddity right from the getgo; from its lyrical content, it's structure and instrumentation and the overwhelming sense of 'wtf is going on here'. Again, this is not a bad thing because, taken overall, this is a very decent track albeit a bit off the beaten track and not - to my mind - as strong as some of the tracks they have given me. Nonetheless, an interesting listen.

Highly Recommended oddity.

No comments: