Friday, May 15, 2009

Stealthspectre's Experimental Insanity - Enigmatic Passenger

Hear The Track Here

Third time round for Stealthspectre's Experimental Insanity run by Aleksander Z from the 4th Dimension, but to be honest creatures from the 4th Dimension have no fright factor for me. Nothing beats rearing children in general and twins in particular. Creatures from another time and space? Pffftttt. I spit on you. Anyway, sorry about the alien baiting but you have to start somewhere, don't you? SEI is in fact a rather more friendly earth creature who - by past experience - has created some very tasty, dark music that is right up my street. Both Haunted Realm of The Undead (Vox version) (March 2009) and Darkness Falls (April 2009) still reside on my hard drive and probably will for longer.

I like a bit of goth.

I found Enigmatic Passenger a much less immediate listen than the last two tracks, and was probably a bit more laid back than I was expecting. It's funny how first impressions linger. It took me a while to settle into the track long enough for it to work its way into my brain, and I think that ultimately it isn't as strong a song as the first and second tracks I reviewed. There again, that could just be a matter of time and the song will come through. One of the most off-puttings things in the track is the slightly out of time drums (in certain sections) that just don't fit whats going on instrumentally.

Nonetheless, if you like your music dark and moody, mean and magnificent, then certainly Stealthspectre's whatsname is a damn fine place to start. The images he manages to evoke with Enigmatic Passenger certainly exhibit a touch of the dark side, and his voice so fits this style. There again, once I'd grown used to the track, that odd little middle section pushed its way to the front demanding attention; here was music with muscle too. Still, at the end of the day I have to be honest and say that the jury is still out on this one. Whether you will think so too is your choice.

Recommended dark Alternative.

No comments: