Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Antennaheadz - We're No Warriors

Hear The Track Here

Now called L'Antennaheadz for some Gallic reason, The Antennaheadz have been both a pain in my ass, and a source of some surprising sounds. A pain in my ass because they will persist in doing whatever they want and to heel with everybody else. That's just great, you might say, that's exactly the way it should be. In many ways, I would agree with you; but my view has to be slightly more wider to the outside world than that. See, regardless of what everybody says, ALL of us are here on Soundclick are on here for one reason and one reason alone: to promote our music. I know for a fact that the whole electronica: experimental genre is a big deal on Soundclick, but not, I am afraid to say a crowd pleaser.

More like music that people can hate you for playing. Niiiiiiiiiccceee.

Inspired by the work of Claude 'Deep Throat' Von Stroke, you would think that here would be an Antennaheadz track that wouldn't wander into the usual blind alleys, cul-de-sacs and dead ends they normally serve up to their listeners. Having just read that back, it looks as if I don't like this artist at all, and truth is, I actually do. A lot of that comes from the fact that my old friend Thomas J (The Men From San Deigo, Black Zarak and Station For Imitation) has a large part in the proceedings; it's also the reason why the music is often obtuse, bewildering, baffling and several other not so nice B words.

We're No Warriors starts promisingly enough with a decidely familiar four-to-the-floor, bongo filled intro that pretty much sums up the musical side of things because it doesn't go much outside this initial offering except some decent cutups at the end and some nice breakdowns in between. Exactly what you would want, I think, if you were searching out some electronic dance music so I guess on that score, the Antennaheadz have done exactly what they said - made a track that sounds just like something Vonstroke would do, except with a lot more roughness of sound and a propensity to experimentation that would never work in the straighforward dance manner of ol' Claude. Certainly a more accessible track than a lot they have presented to me, We're No Warriors will definitely please fans of the genre.

Wild and wooly electronic dance.

No comments: