Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let Her Dive - The Bravest

Hear The Track Here

You may remember me writing a while back about an Italian band I had come across through the Rebelriffs blog. Their name is Ofelia Dorme and I reviewed their Sometimes Its Better To Wait EP (July 2009) and then missed out on several London gigs in a row. Shame really because I really liked the EP and the bands style but hey, only too much time in a day, ya know. The reason I bring this up is because Let Her Dive are also Italian. More to the point, one of the members is actually from Ofelia Dorme (Francesca Bono) aided and abetted by DJ/Producer Matteo Trifirò. The Bravest is a track from their The Closet album which can be downloaded for free right here but a word of caution; the music may not be for the faint hearted or bubbleheaded pop popsies...

Intelligent music is often difficult music.

One of the main draws, for me anyway, of Ofelia Dorme was Francesca Bono's vocals and she shows her worth again in this new pairing, her vocals both ethereal and incredibly present, set against a throbbing electronica background that rides off into the sunset in a blaze of glory. Having said that about difficult music, there is nothing difficult about this track and after a few plays I found myself looking forward to it coming up again (I have review tracks on a loop) because it had a great loping sound that really captured my attention.

Aided by G Mod on bass, Francesca and Matteo come up with a darkly tinged piece of electronic pop that, given a few listens, will work its way into your heart and become very special to you. Admittedly I am biased because I like Italian musicians (I know a great many) and find them generally adventurous and worth taking notice of, but I also really like female voices with the timbre and resonance of Francesca's and her performance on this track sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it while writing this. In fact, I'm going to put it back on right now...

Highly Recommended dark Electronic pop.

No comments: