Monday, September 11, 2006

Pilesar - Radioactive Toy Revolt

Hear The Track Here

My neighbours hate Pilesar. I think they have finally tumbled to the fact that the music that gives them toothache, earache, headache and menopausal hot flushes is none other than Pilesar's greatest hits. It has to be said, however, that even I will admit that the procession of musical insanity that constitutes Pilesar's output is often hard to take. He is, after all, the Prince of Pandimonium and pretty much anything goes and often does. Having said that, his work is enjoyable, interesting, endlessly fascinating and completely, utterly manical.

Just the way we likes it...

Luckily though, especially for those who think I jest about this, his normal reactions are somewhat muted on RTR because it's the second collaboration with Cam (aka Cam's Even Song). I am a big, big fan of both these artists so it's pretty easy for me to work out who is who on this track, and I especially see Cam's prediliction for a great groove. Like all of Pilesar's work, it does require that the listener have at least the semblence of a working brain and a knack for getting under the surface of things. Believe me, if you took Pilesar at his base value you would have to run away screaming. It's taken me a long time to build up immunity (ooops, sorry I meant an acquired taste) but now I've got it, it'll scar me for life.

Cam is far less the scarier figure here and it would appear that he provides the base arrangement (and the backing track if I guess right) and Pilesar provides the witches brew of stuff a-wailin' and a-hollerin' over the top of it. Yeah, but after a few good plays, do I actually like it? As a combination of these two very different artists talents, I most certainly do because it shows them both off to the best advantage. As a track in its own right, this is a moody, complex peice that will demand the viewers attention if you want to get the most out of it - but it is worth the effort. Another worthy - if highly unlikely - collaborative effort bears strange fruit. Ain't the internet the dogs danglies??

Recommended weirdness.

No comments: