Sunday, September 24, 2006

HiEnergy - Fast Forward

Hear The Track Here

You would think that an outfit by the name of HiEnergy would be all dance moves and sexy mamas wanting to show you their booties. Quite why they would want me to look at their footwear is beyond me, but no doubt the answer will arrive one day. HiEnergy are billed as Electronica though, so I suppose it IS a dance thing. Uh oh, worse. It's my old nemesis Trance. There appears to be nothing on the Soundclick page to tell us anything about this artist, and only one song online so I should probably presume HiEnergy are new to the site - and maybe even new to music making...

Double uh oh there then...

Ever since I did a stint on a heavily electronic (trance/techno) scene, I have had a down on the kind of music pumped out from this quarter. Not all of it mind, just the slavish kind. I like artists - of whatever genre - to think a little outside the box, not stick to the tried and trusted - ESPECIALLY when it comes to this particular musical style. For my money, this type of track was done best in the late 1990's, and I haven't heard much that I liked outside of that time frame. See, back then this was new, fresh, exciting. Now it's so overdone, it's very time signature is tedious.

Although Fast Forward has great momentum, and some decent intervals, it's reliance on the 4 to the floor beat, and the endless repetition just didn't do it for me. From this track, I would assume that HiEnergy are new to this stuff, simply because this track only works on one level but hey, we all have to start somewhere. If you like techno and particularly the European kind (this artist is German) the I have no doubt you may find something to like here. However, if you don't like the whole metronomic thing, you will probably run a mile for this. Don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad track, just plain and unexciting.

Basic Trance workout

No comments: