Sunday, March 19, 2006

Federal Bison - Let It Out

Hear The Track Here

Although they are a new band to me, and probably Soundclick too by the looks of their SC page they are not - I suspect - new to making music, at least judging from what I have found out about them. A five peice rock and roll (yep) outfit from CT, USA the band are: Gabe Silverman (vocals), Brett McQuiggan (guitar), Dan Porri (bass), Jim Cipollini (guitar) and Adam Barker (drums). Moreover they are ' high energy, no gimmick rock n’ roll' and in my books that raises the stakes immensely because if there is one thing I love it's a good rock party.

It's the animal in me, ya see... I cain't he'p it.

So, anyway, to clarify the term rock and roll, I digress a bit. To most of us Europeans the term rock and roll applies to figures such as Elvis Presely, Bill Haley and the like. To Americans rock and roll encompasses a much wider remit and is probably better known to us as heavy rock or even - at a pinch - heavy metal. So it's probably best not to go combing your quiff just yet. When I think of 'high energy, no gimmick rock' I automagically get transported back in time to the first time I witnessed the MC5 in action, and that is the closest comparison I can make to this artist. Guitar heaven if you love that kind of pyro-technicality, as bad as spitting nails if you can't stand anything with long hair and beautiful groupies. Not that FB have long hair mind, judging by this they WILL have the odd nubile stringing along in their wake.

At least, if there were any justice in the world.

Federal Bison are exactly what they advertise themselves to be, rock well up to its highest standards. A song that is intelligent, well constructed and enough fire and brimstone to satisfy even the hardest purist. I bet these guys kick ass live (they do live gigs in the Connecticut area if you happen to live there) so if you see them, let me know. Let It Out has everything I look for in my rock music, a song that makes sense lyrically, performance of a high standard all encased in a wall shattering, solid, pin-your-ears-back mix that my neighbours just seem to love. Or at least, I imagine that's what all the shouting is about outside :D Very, very nice track to introduce me to this band and one that has merely served to whet my appetite for more.

Paaaaaaarrrttttttyyyyyy raaaaaawwwwwwwkkkk and kiss ass. Recommended.

No comments: