Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DjAckBeats - Wirelezz

Hear The Track Here

One of the things I love most about this scene are the things we say to big ourselves up. I love this one 'An astral DJ who taps in to unknown dimensions to produce the most amazing tracks ever!' Got to love that kind of front eh? DjAckBeats - as you may have gathered - is a hiphop producer (Dirty South specifically) and competing in Soundclick's hiphop community demands a fair bit of bigging up in advance. The artist name, btw, is actually DJ Ack but hey, whats in a name? Wirelezz promises 'lots of strings. Big classical sound. Dark at times, uplifting at others'. This little snippet I noticed while downloading this track and you know what that means...

Well, a bit more than uh oh, actually...

The very thought of 'lots of strings' brings me out in a cold sweat but thankfully I need not have fretted because DJ Ack knows better than to adorn his track with the usual bland, insipid strings, choirs et al of most of his contemporaries. Nope these strings are 'good' strings, if you know what I mean. More to the point, this is unlike any other Dirty South track I have heard, they tend to sound rough and thin, despite the elegant sounds they employ; this sounds full, elegant and - if anything - a little too hard on the overall volume.

Wirelezz is a moody little bitch of a tune and not one I readily see translating into a beat for some aspiring rapper to vent over; unless he or she were more talented than most. That's why I think this track scored with me, despite the obvious clipping at certain (louder) parts of the track. After all, a beat is a beat right? Well, yes and no. I've heard beats that could stand up in there own right as really good instrumentals before some spotty faced geek puts all his whining over the top and completely spoils the effect. Should the sound glitch get fixed (please) then I'd love to see some aspirant rapper tackle this one...

Interesting mix of sounds. Highly Recommended Dirty South groove.

No comments: