Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Creo - Artist Overview

Hear The Track Here

Creo is an Austrian musician who comes to me through the Rebelriffs review blog; an 18 year old student who says on his MySpazz page 'I'm not really good but i keep going, because music is my bliss' and I can find nothing to argue about there. I'd say that's the reason why most of the online musicians I know are here, certainly the older ones at least. Clemens Höberth (aka Creo) actually sent me Heartbeat to review and, to be honest, I wasn't actually that impressed by it. True enough, its a decent chunk of electronica and reasonably lively as far as instrumentals go but I found myself wishing time and again that it had some vocals to go with the chunky backing track....

It cries out for it...

So, feeling vaguely dissatisfied after having spent a couple of days listening to Heartbeat, I decided to dig a little deeper to see what this musician was about or whether this was it. Glad I did, as it happens because when I discovered (hint: there are LOTS of things to click on his MySpazz page) the YouBoob link opened up the real meat and potatoes. Adrenalin (the title track of the EP) is the featured video, but its the soundtrack we are interested in. Good job too because there doesn't appear to be a video, merely the audio. I say merely but believe me it will be more than enough. As you know, I'm not really into techno and/or trance but on the odd occasion I do hear something interesting in that genre.

Adrenaline is a really neat working of (let's face it) of a sad and tired genre, breathing fire and brimstone into it's decaying bones making it dance yet again. Strangest thing of all is that this is techno delivered with some rock guitars that will slice your head off with the endless riffing going on. So good, indeed, that it forced me to explore yet further, and I have to say that every track on the EP is worth checking out in its own right. I can see why Creo has attracted the attention he has on these sites and maybe I should be suggesting he includes Soundclick on that list, he would do well there. After all, Soundclick is THE online music site, at least as far as the unsigned scene goes.

Highly Recommended high energy kinda/sorta dance...

No comments: