Saturday, February 26, 2011

Twizzie - Until I Break Feat Dreamcast

Hear The Track Here

One of the brightest spots for music for this reviewer has been the hip hop community at Soundclick, and such has been the case for a couple of years now. Although I have dabbled with the genre from time to time in my long sojourn on that site, it's only lately that I've started to recognise a younger, less commercially-minded clutch of rappers and musicians who have IMHO enlivened the Soundclick hip hop scene enormously. Regular readers will be only too well aware of my liking for Rustik, Gangbangsters, Scheezy McGee, Whitman Speck and many, many more including the musician once known to us as Twisted Angel, known much more cosily entitled Twizzie.

The last time we encountered this Canadian musician was with Animal (December 2010), an accurate description of the track to as it happens. One thing you can always guarantee with this rapper is that the ride will be musically interesting and - generally - lyrically too. Twizzie is another one of those rappers who eschews the whole riches and bitches routine for some real story-telling, and usually without a swearword in sight. Nope, what musicians like Twizzie are about it that most essential ingredient - a cracking song that reaches out to people and he manages that trick more often than not.

As I've said before, this musician just gets better with everything he releases, although it took a while for Until I Break to get to me because - strangely enough - I got fixated on the vocals. I could have sworn I have heard this before but I could be wrong. Maybe it's because Until I Break is both heavily commercial electronic hip hop and Twizzie's trademark rapping bombast and while they both work, it can make the track seem disjointed at first. However, the more you play it, the more that problem shuffles off leaving you to bask in yet another Twizzie track that takes repeated plays - got to love those legs.

Highly Recommended hip hop rap and MUST HAVE for fans.

1 comment:

Dame said...

Dope track!
http://www.melodichustle.com/