Friday, October 30, 2009

Minimack - Watch Your Mouth

Hear The Track Here

I'm a fairly straightforward guy as far as music is concerned, I like what I like and if I hear things I don't like I do tend to say it - despite all appearances to the contrary. Sure, I slather the damn thing with sugar (makes it easier to swallow see?) but nonetheless make the point. The reason I talking about this is because Minimack has had an experience of it once or twice, latterly with Bang Bang (September 2009) which I found to be disappointingly formulaic. Heard it all before kinda thing. Not always the case with this artist mind, he has done some very good hip hop in the past, and this time he's teamed up with Sinima Beats again - and that is one beat factory I have a lot of time for.

Surprisingly enough, considering that the first few words are pure profanity, this track does not carry the usual Parental Advisory so be aware if cussing gets you hot under the collar. Hip hop is the only genre where swearing is part of the whole experience and I personally don't mind it, especially when delivered with conviction. See when Mack finally gets his groove, he is as good as some of the real heavyweights on Soundclick. Sinima Beats of course are usually immaculate, and it proves to be the case here; solid beats with nice instrumental touches, what they do best.

Like Bang Bang, Watch Your Mouth sounds bang up to date; as commercial as anything I have heard from this artist - given that the swearbox is packed full by the end of it. I do know, however, that there is a huge market for this kind of material and - as such - Minimack certainly deserves a bit of that attention, he has the potential. And therein lies the rub. Watch Your Mouth is much better in many ways from his previous track but I've still to hear this artist deliver what I really think he has capable of. In the meantime, this will come close enough.

Highly Recommended ***** and ******* and ******* and *** hip hop (as if you hadn't guessed)

No comments: