Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kleen Productions - How Can I Be (the luckiest man in the world)

Hear The Track Here

Kleen Productions is a new name, at least to me but that probably has much to do with the fact that he is a Smooth R&B artist and y'all know that me thoughts on most of the genre are not fit for print so that may account for that. It's not that I don't like the genre but it isn't one I would normally search out and - if I did - I would be very particuar about what I wanted from it. It's odd that this track and This Is Goodbye from MJK were back to back in the review schedule this month because I loved and raved about that track and it made a handy companion, which is a high compliment. While its not quite as fresh and original as MJK's track, it does show a particular aptitude for the poppier (ie boy band melodies) side of mainstream commercial R&B.

Judging by the amount of SC stations that are playing his material, Kleen Productions is not that new to the game, as the quality and expertise of How Can I Be will more than amply demonstrate. The more I listened to this track the more the whole boy band thing took on a life of its own and I was left imagining ghosts of boy bands past - not a pleasant nightcap. Hemlock would be wiser. Anyway, where was I? Ahhh, talent at getting the product sounding right.... If this track hadn't had the cruel fate of sharing it's place in the review list with MJK, this would have more than helped to fill that enormous gap.

Let me just be straight about one thing here, I am not into ANY of the boy bands as such, most of it is sweet enough to rot your teeth within weeks of exposure, but it has thrown up some dynamite songs and those I most definitely like. It helps that such a dynamite song then gets the right treatment from the music and the studio expertise that goes along with getting it right. Again, it should be a never ending wonder why artists of this calilibre can be unsigned because this artist may very make this music on a computer and other music tools, the result is about as professional as you are likely to get this side of a million dollars. How can I be the luckiest man in the world to have two such dynamite tracks come up side by side.....

Most Highly Recommended smooth R&B (yep I said that)

No comments: